How do you avoid scar tissue building up after an abdominal surgery/lap band removal?

No good way. Doctors have tried for years to discover a way to prevent adhesions (scar tissue) in the abdomen because there can be many long term problems from them. There is no magic bullet. The main goal is for the operating surgeon to minimize trauma to the tissues, avoid inflammation, etc. Still, the majority of adhesions will not cause problems. Http://www. Ncbi. Nlm. Nih. Gov/pmc/articles/pmc2672996/.
Scar tissue. You can't. There is nothing you can do as a patient to reduce the amount of scar tissue you form in your abdomen from an operation. The things that affect scar tissue formation are how the operation was done (open vs laparoscopic), the problem at the time of surgery (peritonitis vs not), and lastly the how the person heals.