What is lateral hernia in colon?

??? Not sure i understand the question. Are you talking about a hernia in the lateral abdominal wall (muscles) that is filled by the colon? Or a hernia in the wall of the colon itself -- because that is not a typical way of describing a colon problem. There are diverticuli that are weaknesses in the colon wall that bulge out, but I have not heard these called herniae?
Hernia. Could be a miscommunication. Is it a hernia with colon inside the sac? Or a defect in your colon? If you had a colonoscopy or colon imaging recently, okay to ask your doctor for more details. If you had a hernia evaluation, your doc may have reported the hernia has a sliding component or bowel in the hernia sac. Absent fever, vomiting or severe pain you are okay to check in with your doc.