What should I eat or avoid eating to keep my blood sugar from dropping in the afternoon?

Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Med titration
If u r a diabetic and take meds, consider discussing med or dosechange so u don't get blood sugar drops in the the afternoon (eating more to be able to continue current regimen can lead to weight gain).
If u don't take diabetic meds, then this isn't applicable, and protein and complex carbs will help.

In brief: Med titration
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Susan Wingo
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Balance
A mix of complex carbs (whole grains & fresh fruits) and protein for lunch.
Avoid sugars and highly processed carbs (white flour). A light snack mid-afternoon may help.

In brief: Balance
Dr. Susan Wingo
Dr. Susan Wingo
Dr. Arnon Rubin