What is the best way to get rid of scars (not just acne scars, but scars in general)?

Improve, not remove. Scars are permanent. Having said that, there are ways to make them less noticeable. The first is time: scars mature over 6-18 months and don't assume their final form till then. Other methods are pressure, silicone sheeting, mederma, steroid injections or surgery. Surgery is a last resort for most scars, but many can be improved in this way if all else fails.
Surgery. If the scar is white nothing else but surgery or make up will help. If it s red and shortly after trauma, massaging with oil everyday cand reduce the amount of scar.Ring. If it is a white scar only surgery can remove it.