My endometrial lining is 20mm thick. I am post menopausal and have been feeling a dull ache or pressure in my lower abdomen. Should i be worried?

Dr. Antonio Gargiulo

If you know that your linig is 20 mm then you are already in good hands: talk to your doctor about next steps.
Simple expectant management is not an option.

Dr. Antonio Gargiulo
Dr. Antonio Gargiulo
Dr. Raymond Whitted

In brief: Abnormal endometrium

A normal postmenopausal endometrial thickness is less than 5 mm. It is important to see you gynecologist for further evaluation which may be an endometrial biopsy.
The possibly causes of this thickness can be an endometrial polyp, intracavitary fibroid, endometrial hyperplasia and/or endometrial adenocarcinoma.

In brief: Abnormal endometrium

Dr. Raymond Whitted
Dr. Raymond Whitted
Dr. Matthew Wilson

See a doctor, you probably need a biopsy of your endometrium, which can be done in the office with minimal discomfort.

Dr. Matthew Wilson
Dr. Matthew Wilson
Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Board Certified, Anti-Aging Medicine