If I am taking labetolol should I not request additional fetal monitoring?

Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Perhaps
Labetolol can cross the placental barrier, so perhaps more frequent monitoring is warranted.

In brief: Perhaps
Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Monitoring - high BP
Fetal heart rate monitoring is indicated in the third trimester for women with chronic hypertension, especially if there is an increase in blood pressure.
A physician should discuss what is needed for each particular case given the history before and during pregnancy and outcome of prior pregnancies. Additional monitoring with ultrasound studies may also be ordered.

In brief: Monitoring - high BP
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Jane Van Dis