If I am taking labetolol should I not request additional fetal monitoring?

Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Perhaps

Labetolol can cross the placental barrier, so perhaps more frequent monitoring is warranted.

In brief: Perhaps

Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Monitoring - high BP

Fetal heart rate monitoring is indicated in the third trimester for women with chronic hypertension, especially if there is an increase in blood pressure.
A physician should discuss what is needed for each particular case given the history before and during pregnancy and outcome of prior pregnancies. Additional monitoring with ultrasound studies may also be ordered.

In brief: Monitoring - high BP

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Umesh Patel