If I go tanning in a bed for 10 minutes, will my chances of getting cancer really increase?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Eventually
If you tan only once only slightly but repeated exposure you will age your skin and increase your chances of getting skin cancer when you are older.Blue eye color and light natural hair color would be at higher risk of skin damage from tanning.

In brief: Eventually
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: Tanning beds
One study showed that the people who had used a tanning bed, tanning booth, or sun lamp were 2.
5 times more likely to develop the squamous type of cancer while the increase of basal cancer was 1.5 times greater when compared to those without cancer. The use of tanning beds increases the incidence of melanoma by 74%. Do not start using a tanning bed or you will be sorry.

In brief: Tanning beds
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher