I have a rash that developed from what I believe to be a spider bite. Is this serious?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Infected?
If the site is infected or you have significant reaction medical attention is necessary.
How long ago did the bite occur? Spider bites can vary from a localized reaction to an infection to severe reaction with certain spiders. If you can identify spider provide that information to doctor.

In brief: Infected?
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Pamela Moore
In brief: Maybe
Sometimes things that look like spider bites can actually be something else like a bacterial infection.
I would recommend that you seek care immediately for this. Sometimes these areas, if they are bacterial infections, require surgery to drain the infection in order to fully treat the area.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Pamela Moore
Dr. Pamela Moore
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine