I have sever insomnia and was prescribed trazodone, that was dc because of allergy. Next he put me on ambien, but it makes me feel realy weird. ** is it frowned upon to suggest Xanax (alprazolam) or another med?

Dr. Thomas Heston

In brief: Questions are OK

I believe that most physicians would welcome your suggestions and questions.
Regarding whether or not xanax (alprazolam) is appropriate for you, however, is something you need to discuss with your doctor. http://bit.ly/109po5n.

In brief: Questions are OK

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Repeated question

I don't know about "frowned upon, " but the real question is what's causing your insomnia and whether this has been thoroughly evaluated yet.
Xanax (alprazolam) is sedative and potentially addictive, but not fda-approved for insomnia. Why request to be exposed to that? No one wants you to feel "weird, " and xanax (alprazolam) could also add to that. Your info says you're on vyvanse, which can cause insomnia.

In brief: Repeated question

Dr. Bassam Amawi

In brief: Insomnia

I agree with dr .
Papas , talk with u physician to find out the cause of insomnia , the medication u take for adhd can cause that , do not take them after 4 pm. A good treatment for insomnia with least side effect is sleep hygiene...!

In brief: Insomnia

I agree with dr .

In brief: Talk to your doc

Let your doctor know how you're feeling on your current medication and he will be able to figure out what's best for you based on your sxs and side effects of the medications.
Good luck.

In brief: Talk to your doc

Good luck.
Dr. Eric Weisman