I was sexually abused as a child and as an adult and still have severe flashbacks is this normal?

Dr. Dheeraj Raina

In brief: Maybe PTSD

I am sorry to hear of your trauma.
While it is possible to think of flashbacks after trauma as one of the consequences that can be expected, i wouldn't consider them 'normal'. Just as concussion symptoms after a car accident may be expected, but are not normal. You may have post traumatic stress disorder. To learn more about it visit istss.Org and consider getting a psychiatric evaluation.

In brief: Maybe PTSD

I am sorry to hear of your trauma.

In brief: Yes need help

Sorry what you went through as a kid not easy to wipe it out from your mind , besides your loving family and great friends you have , you need cure , seek the help of a professional , for council and cure you .
You will be fine and help other victims with your experience . Good luck.

In brief: Yes need help

Dr. Cindy Juster