Is it alright to get rid of your pacemaker once you feel better with your heart beat?

Dr. Jason Hemming
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: No

I am sure the pacemaker was placed for a reason which would not spontaneously heal itself.
You're likely feeling better because of your pacemaker. If there ever is a reason to do so, a pacemaker can be easily turned off.

In brief: No

Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Liviu Klein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: No

Pacemakers are placed almost always for heart block (short circuit of the electrical impulses between upper and lower heart chamber), condition that is usually permanent.
In addition, while removing the pacemaker leads ('wires') is technically possible, it is a procedure associated with risks.

In brief: No

Dr. Liviu Klein
Dr. Liviu Klein
Dr. Umesh Patel