How long after a heart attack do you stop thinking every chest pain is another attack?

Dr. Michael DePietro
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: Varies
It is common to have a certain amount of anxiety after a heart attack.
Discussing this with your doctor, including how cardiac chest pain is different from other kinds of chest pain may help. Some patients also need therapy for anxiety or depression directly and some will improve with cardiac rehab.

In brief: Varies
Dr. Michael DePietro
Dr. Michael DePietro
Dr. Samuel Hahn
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Depends on person
A heart attack is a life changing event for most people.
Each person handles it differently. I've seen some people return to "normal" in a few weeks and others develop severe ptsd for years. You should speak to your md, consider cardiac rehab and consider a support group.

In brief: Depends on person
Dr. Samuel Hahn
Dr. Samuel Hahn
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology