If I took indoethacin in my last weeks of pregnancy, should the fetal heart rate be monitored on a daily basis?

In brief: Depends

Indomethacin taken frequently over a long period of time can cause a transient change in the fetal heart circulation (in doctor speak it closes the ductus arteriosus).
Small doses for only a few days, which is usually the only thing we would do, is not particularly dangerous. Check with your doctor on why you are taking it and whether monitoring is needed.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Rick Koch
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Talk to your

Physician . Nsaids are generally contraindicated during pregnancy.

In brief: Talk to your

Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Jane Van Dis