I am 5'5 and weigh 150lbs. Is this overweight and what is the recommended weight?

On the border. A height of 5'5" and weight of 150 pounds gives you a bmi of 25. Bmi, or body mass index, is the accepted way of determining whether a person is overweight or obese. A bmi of 18.5 to 24.9 is considered a normal bmi, whereas a bmi of 25-29.9 is considered overweight. So, 25 puts you right on the border between normal weight and overweight. The proper weight based on bmi should be 114-149 pounds.
You decide. Ideal weight" charts are based on fallacies. If we believed them, then most triathletes would be "underweight" and most professional football players -- fantastic athletes -- would be "overweight." your ideal weight is whatever looks and feels right to you and enables you to perform your chosen sport (s) best.