Can I find out if I am allergic to aspirin by pricking my skin and rubbing aspirin on it?

Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: No

You should be suspicious of an Aspirin (asa) sensitivity if you consistently have symptoms from exposure.
A skin test is not indicated to detect asa allergy, but rather, an oral challenge, which would be somewhat risky if you are truly allergic. At this point you should avoid and try to see an allergist for further evaluation.

In brief: No

Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Dr. Maziar Rezvani
Dr. Luis Matos

In brief: Aspirin Allergy

No. Aspirin allergy can not be tested in either of these ways.
If you need to take Aspirin and you suspect an allergy, this can only be tested by a medically supervised challenge test. Consult your physician to find out who in your area is doing these tests. University allergy centers are the most likely to do these.

In brief: Aspirin Allergy

Dr. Luis Matos
Dr. Luis Matos