I have aprox 3 period a yr I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 months. I haven't had period since oct 11'. I am not preg& all my blood work is fine?

Dr. Tina Koopersmith
Fertility Medicine
In brief: PLEASE see a MD
Please make an appointment asap w a reproductive endocrinologist.
There is a good chance you are not releasing eggs monthly and you need both a diagnosis and help to get pregnant, dont waste time, see a specialist.

In brief: PLEASE see a MD
Dr. Tina Koopersmith
Dr. Tina Koopersmith
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Not Ovulating
With only 3 menses/year, then you must not be ovulating.
Often the hormone levels are normal (in the normal range) with your problem. You need medication to cause ovulation. Your fertility specialist will explain the benefits and risks of each appropriate med. Cost can be a factor in choosing also. The meds are very effective. Get testing for other possible problems too.

In brief: Not Ovulating
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Steven Lindheim
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Not really
You could have thyroid, prolactin, and/or pcos these should be tested for and then simple treatment to induce monthly ovulation can take place.

In brief: Not really
Dr. Steven Lindheim
Dr. Steven Lindheim
Dr. John Jarrett
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Irregular periods
Your blood work may be normal but i wonder about the possibility of polycystic ovaries.
With cycles that infrequently, something is amiss and pcos would be most likely.

In brief: Irregular periods
Dr. John Jarrett
Dr. John Jarrett
Dr. Edward Evans
Pediatrics - Neonatology
In brief: PCOS
The most common cause of those, irregular periods, and infertility is polycystic ovarian syndrome or pcos.
Other symptoms include obesity and hairiness. It is due to hormone inbalance. Treatments include weight loss and medicines to control Insulin levels like metformin. You should see your obstetrician to discuss this problem.

In brief: PCOS
Dr. Edward Evans
Dr. Edward Evans
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
In brief: Rare periods
You have more likely anovulatory cycles.
That means that even the blood work looks fine sometimes you dont ovulate sometimes you are.There are specific tests to see if you are ovulating.It is recommended to have unprotected sexual intercourse when you ovulate. If no success within 6 months to 1 year depending on your age go see on ob/gyn.

In brief: Rare periods
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Mark Perloe
If your periods are irregular see someone now. You don't not should you wait. Irregular cycles could be related to diabetes, thyroid abnormalities or even tumors. I suggest you see you GYN now.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham