Whats the best way to recover from sciatica do you soak, or strech, what?

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Sciatica alternative

Outside of stretching and exercise, alternatives to healing sciatica are massage, acupuncture, heat, topical heating gels, chiropractic care, feldenkrais, physical therapy, Motrin for pain, natural supplements such as arnica to decrease inflammation.

In brief: Sciatica alternative

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Medications are useful if they help you to move normally while you heal. If you smoke, you must stop. What ever type of activity/lifestyle produces the damage to your back must be modified. OMT helps many folks. PT for a core strengthening, yoga type stretching home exercise program that incorporates proper breathing/body awareness is the pathway that I have seen the most success. Patience!
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Healing Sciatica

A combination of stretching exercises (knee curls lying on the floor, trunk twisting, laying on your stomach and arching your back) and regular walking for at least 30 minutes a day are the best ways to improve your postural muscles and protect your spine.

In brief: Healing Sciatica

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Stretch and Exercise

I would suggest stretching out and working in strengthening your cores muscles.
Take some anti-inflammatories around the clock for the next few days. If you do not improve after a few days, i would consider evaluation by your doctor for further testing and treatment options like epidural steroid injections.

In brief: Stretch and Exercise

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan