My voice always feels very strained, tense, and tired. What can I do to fix this?

Dr. Randy Butler

In brief: See your doctor

You probably need to see an ear, nose, & throat doctor to have them look at your vocal cords.
You could have nodules or polyps on your vocal cords. The ENT can let you know if there is anything that needs to be done after they examine your vocal cords.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Randy Butler
Dr. Randy Butler
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Voice strain

Voice alterations can be from overuse (are you a singer or public speaker?), or from growths on the voice box, or from improper coordination of the laryngeal cords (helped by botox) and sometimes by psychogenic causes.
See your otolaryngologist to sort this out.

In brief: Voice strain

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Vicken Poochikian