Im 18 and I suffer from chronic heart burn, what are my opptions?

In brief: Heart burn

I would start with tagamet, (cimetidine) which is over the counter, rather than tums.
It will be much more effective. Then avoid spicy foods, greasy foods, alcohol, and carbonated beverages. If that does not work, i would see a doctor.

In brief: Heart burn

Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Christopher Breen
General Practice

In brief: Lifestyle changes

The first step in heart burn management is lifestyle changes.
Try to eat smaller and more frequent meals. Also, alcohol and caffeine should be avoided. You may also want to try a quick acting agent like tums (calcium carbonate). If none of these are helpful, see you dr. For a work up and you may be prescribed an h2 blocker or a proton pump inhibitor.

In brief: Lifestyle changes

Christopher Breen
Christopher Breen
Answer assisted by Christopher Breen, Medical Student
Dr. Jonathan Jassey