I've had a cold for several weeks and currently have lost my smell and taste. Amoxyicillin and neti pot didn't help. Any suggestions?

Dr. Michio Abe
In brief: Loss of smell/taste
The sense of smell and taste can be lost temporarily due to colds as they can destroy your smell and taste receptors.
The loss of smell can also be due to nasal/sinus congestion. They usually return after several days to several weeks. As you get older, the ability to smell and taste will decrease also. You should discuss your concern with your doctor.

In brief: Loss of smell/taste
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology
In brief: LOST OF SMELL/TASTE
Colds, upper respiratory infections, sinusitis all can cause loss of smell & taste.
In addition, many medications can cause loss of smell & taste. Amoxicillin doesn't help colds! check with your doctor . . . Again. Be patient . . . You smell & taste will come back.

In brief: LOST OF SMELL/TASTE
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Adam Smith