My d dimer level was .63 is this too high? Vq test and CT scan came back normal. Do I have to worry? I stopped smoking after the tests immediately

Dr. Joseph Accurso
Radiology

In brief: See your doctor

And get a repeat d-dimer. It is a very sensitive test, but is more valuable when it is low, because many things besides blood clot and make it increase.
Negative VQ and (presumably) ct angio of the pulmonary arteries essentially excluded pulmonary embolism, or clot in the lung blood vessels. Please see your doctor to get a complete checkup.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Joseph Accurso
Dr. Joseph Accurso
Pathology

In brief: Good action

D-dimer goes up with very little provocation and it is more useful for excluding clots when it is normal.
It is good that you gave up smoking. You do need to follow-up with your doctor to ascertain the cause of your symptoms.

In brief: Good action

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology