My 5yo fell & bit her lip (hardwood flr). After sitting at table, I noticed swelling on her nose. Pain on touch. When do I decide it needs doc eval?

In brief: Screen her function
You can do some basic screening to decide on an eval.
If your kid can breath easily thru both nostrils(gently compress sides) its likely ok.If not, a blood clot can be forming in the middle bone/cartlidge of the nose or the root bone may be deviated & a simple repositioning within a day or so prevents future pbs. Call your regular doc & describe what you find.

In brief: Screen her function
Dr. Thomas Doyle
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Not likely it does.
Children that age have soft noses (not much bone, more cartilage) and so a nasal fracture requiring any special treatment would be quite rare from the mechanism you described (simple fall).
Unless you become worried that an infection from the lip is spreading to the nose (which would take at least a day or two) there should be no reason to go to the doctor.

In brief: Not likely it does.
Dr. Thomas Doyle
Dr. Thomas Doyle
Dr. Julia Pewitt Kinder
In brief: Probably ok
Your child likely just bumped nose in fall, and it sounds like lip took the worst of it.
Gently apply ice wrapped in soft towel for just a few minutes at a time. Little noses have pliable cartlidge; not likely broken. Watch and wait. Tylenol (acetaminophen) for pain. If heavy bleeding , see doctor

In brief: Probably ok
Dr. Julia Pewitt Kinder
Dr. Julia Pewitt Kinder
Dr. Cindy Juster