What could be causing my back to hurt so bad I throw up and it sometimes feels like I am having a heart attack?

Dr. Thomas Doyle
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Several bad things

While this certainly might just be musculoskeletal pain, it could also be more serious, such as an aortic dissection (which is life-threatening) or an actual heart attack.
Kidney stone is possible, but your description implies pain higher in the back. Please get it checked out asap. This type of evaluation is exactly what emergency departments are for.

In brief: Several bad things

Dr. Thomas Doyle
Dr. Thomas Doyle
Dr. K. Olson

In brief: Severe back pain

If you have not seen an md for this condition, you should do so immediately.
It could me a heart attack - or gall bladder, pancreatitis, compression fracture of your back - all serious conditions. They are treatable, but until you know for sure what it is that is causing the pain assume the worst. Get to your doctor's office or an er now.

In brief: Severe back pain

Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Julia Pewitt Kinder

In brief: Many possibilities

Without knowing your age and medical history, it is very difficult to say.
Kidney stones, bladder infection, severe pain from muscle spasm, pneumonia, stomach ulcers, or heart issues are all possibilities, among others. You should see your doctor

In brief: Many possibilities

Dr. Julia Pewitt Kinder
Dr. Julia Pewitt Kinder
Dr. Umesh Patel