Implications of circular opacity in the left mid zone, vascular, as reported in the chest X-ray report.?

Dr. Joel Bessmer
In brief: Need more info
First step would be to compare to an old cxr. If no previous cxr for comparison then consider f/u in 6 weeks or ct scan of chest if the patient has risk factors.

In brief: Need more info
Dr. Joel Bessmer
Dr. Joel Bessmer
Dr. Eric Wang
As with any personal medical question, you should seek advice from your doctor and/or the radiologist. Having said that, Dr. Bressmer's answer is certainly reasonable and within the standard of care.
Dr. Peter Bream
Radiology
In brief: AVM
I agree that comparison with prior radiographs is the first step.
Regardless if it is new or not, evaluation with a contrasted ct scan is recommended. A "circular opacity...Vascular" could refer to an arterio-venous malformation or avm. This is an abnormal connection between the pulmonary artery and pulmonary vein and can be confirmed with ct. This is treated with embolization.

In brief: AVM
Dr. Peter Bream
Dr. Peter Bream
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology