What are causes of multiple mucosal polys at the gallbladder. What is it and how can it be prevented or managed. Its still 4.5mm.

In brief: Many causes

Polyps less than 1 cm are almost always benign.
Multiple mucosal polyps are generally due to cholesterol deposits (condition called choleserolosis) and may or may not be associated with gall stones. At your age, if you are not symptomatic you can watch it with periodic ultrasounds. If symptomatic, you should have laparoscopic removal of gall bladder.

In brief: Many causes

Dr. Neria Hebbar
Dr. Neria Hebbar

In brief: Unknown

I no of no known cause of gallbladder polyps, which tend to be uncommon in the first place.
Sometimes these are found to actually be cholesterol crystals on the gallbladder wall rather than ployps, at pathology. I do not know of a way to prevent gallbladder polyps.

In brief: Unknown

Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery