I am not going through chemotherapy , radiation and not getting surgery but I been feeling naseous and my doctor prescribed me ondansetron is that bad?

Dr. John Hammes
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: No

Ondansetron was originally studied and approved for cancer patients.
Like many drugs, its use has been greatly expanded over the years. It is probably ok to take it periodically, but if you are nauseated for more than days to weeks, it is important to determine why (ie look for underlying disease) rather than just treat the symptom.

In brief: No

Dr. John Hammes
Dr. John Hammes
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: NAUSEOUS

Nausea can be a result of many things: medications, overeating, gallbladder disease, stomach "infections, " ulcers, pregnancy, and emotional stress.
We need a better history from you. Ondansetron is a drug that prevents nausea that's caused by surgery or radiation therapy.

In brief: NAUSEOUS

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery