I went to health deparment to see if I had herpes and both nurse r ninty nine% I do but don't test for it can I still get tested 5 days in?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: If active lesions

This is generally a clinical diagnosis based on history and physical findings.
If needed scrapings from the base of the unroofed blister can be examined under the microscope and yield a probable diagnosis, but generally serologic tests are relatively not valuable.

In brief: If active lesions

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. SG Erman
In other words, Herpes can be diagnosed by the appearance of the rash, and the history/symptoms. Doing the lab test is not needed
Dr. SG Erman

You could get tested, but herpes is easily diagnosed based on the signs and symptoms and clinical exam. Lab tests are not usually needed.

Dr. SG Erman
Dr. SG Erman