Can modulus mismatch in hip replacement be caused by trauma?

Dr. Christian Foglar
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: No

No disrespect but the question does not make sense.
Modulus of elasticity is a material property and a mismatch of that would depend on implant choices but what does that have to do with trauma. I need more info to understand where this question comes from.

In brief: No

Dr. Christian Foglar
Dr. Christian Foglar
Dr. Douglas Linville II
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Modulus mismatch

This is a biomechanical term that pits the stiffness of a biomaterial (hip implant) against the bone in/on which it rests.
This is not likely to change after trauma. However, the implant could be dislodged/loosened by trauma and cause pain. Also, there could be a stress reaction or fracture that could be the cause. Finally, infection could be present and difficult to diagnose. See your hip doc.

In brief: Modulus mismatch

Dr. Douglas Linville II
Dr. Douglas Linville II
Dr. Marsha Davis