How does one treat an anterior wall m I patient?

Dr. Michael Mirochna

In brief: Depends.

If the heart attack is occurring now, this patient should be in the emergency department and then cath lab for stenting or angioplasty.
I imagine this was something that came out on an ekg, the first step would be to have a physician confirm it. If it is correct, then yes. The medicines we try to get all patients with mi hx on are beta blockers, statins, ace inhibitors, and aspirin. Don't smoke.

In brief: Depends.

Dr. Michael Mirochna
Dr. Michael Mirochna
Dr. Dennis Clifford
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Aspirin first

Currently, coronary artery intervention as soon as possible is the standard of care.
The vessel can be opened with a tiny balloon or sometimes a rotary blade and stents placed to keep the artery open. Anticlotting medications are also used. Taking an Aspirin as soon as possible should be everyone's first step.

In brief: Aspirin first

Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Dennis Clifford
Dr. Jack Hinkle