I'm having rlb pain but it doesn't feel like its my back if that makes sense. Usually a dull/sharp pain. What could be the cause?

Dr. David Hicks

In brief: Displaced rib?

If no specific trauma or if you have the pain after lifting something or coughing, it may be a posterior rib hed out of place and this can masquerade as anterior chest pain.
This could also be intercostal myositis and be in the muscle between the ribs. Either way easy to fix manipulation to put the rib into place works well and anti inflammatories and muscle relaxants work too.

In brief: Displaced rib?

Dr. David Hicks
Dr. David Hicks
Dr. Vikram Patel