Can chiropractic manipulation correct vertebral malalignment in lumbar spinal stenosis?

Dr. Gary Greenly

In brief: Unfortunately....no

As an osteopathic physician, whose practice includes "manipulative therapy, " it is my opinion that spinal stenosis is not correctable with any form of manipulation or physical medicine.
This is unfortunately a surgical condition, and i would professionally recommend a consultation with a neurosurgeon, vs. An orthopedist. Your condition requires more expertise, and your end result will be better.

In brief: Unfortunately....no

Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Manipulative techniques do not correct spinal stenosis. With surgical correction, the stenosis is surgically decompressed with direct removal of the offending bone/ligament/disc material. It can also be decompressed with surgical manipulation, with certain types of spinal fusion techniques utilizing cages, screws, and rods that restore disc space height.
Dr. Alexandre De Moura
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Who to see!!

I disagree with dr. Greenly as to what specialty of spinal specialist a patient should see.
If you have a cranial based medical issue or a spinal cord tumor than you should see a neurosurgeon. However if you have a spinal deformity issue which can encompass spinal stenosis, than that is the domain of an orthopaedic spinal surgeon specialist! proper biomechanical restoration is the ortho domain!

In brief: Who to see!!

Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery

In brief: No

No, it will not.
Chiropractic care is a common option for conservative care for back pain. However, spinal stenosis is not due to a mal alignment . Check out Spine-health.com.

In brief: No

No, it will not.
Dr. Eric Weisman