I have natural aloe pants, can they relieve inflammation and mild rashes as well as a hydrocortisone?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: No

There are several concentrations/strengths of cortisone cream. It is doubtful that aloe plants will have the same anti-inflammatory effect as the usual dosages of Hydrocortisone recommended by doctors.

In brief: No

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
in some they can increase allergic reaction. I find them most effective for burns
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Not as well

Aloe can be very soothing, but it works entirely different from hydrocortisone, a topical steroid.
They can help with the inflammation and rash, but you won't know if it works as well for your skin unless you try.

In brief: Not as well

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick