Tounge hurts when eating ketchup & bbq sauce. Why?

Dr. John Munshower

In brief: Acid Irritation

The acidity of the ketchup and bbq sauce may be irritating your tongue.
The same benign virus that causes cold sores (hsv-1) can often cause small ulcers on the tongue, and if they are present, foods like those mentioned can irritate you.

In brief: Acid Irritation

Dr. John Munshower
Dr. John Munshower

In brief: Tomatoes

Both products contain tomatoes, which are acidic and may be irritating an underlying lesion.

In brief: Tomatoes

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Soft tissue exam

My colleagues gave you great answers.
If it continues and it's been awhile since your last dental exam, it would be a good idea to have it checked out, along with a thorough soft tissue examination by your dentist. There are other possible medical conditions that should be ruled out.

In brief: Soft tissue exam

My colleagues gave you great answers.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Arnon Rubin