I have hepatitis c, is there a treatment to help prevent my child from contracting it?

In brief: Not specificly
Roughly 5% of infants born to hep c mothers will acquire the infection.
The mothers igg antibody to hep c that would indicate prior infection will persist up to 18 months in baby so a + test would not be specific for baby prior to 18 mo. There is a specific test for hep c RNA that can be preformed at 1-2 mo. That would be specific for the baby.See red book, 28ed 2009.P358-360.

In brief: Not specificly
Dr. Rakhi Dimino
In brief: No
There is no medication to prevent transmissionof hepatitis c like there is for hepatitis b.
During delivery of the child we try not to use internal monitoring of the heart rate or contractions.

In brief: No
Dr. Rakhi Dimino
Dr. Rakhi Dimino
Dr. Jonathan Jassey