A few days ago I injured my shoulder (falling skiing). After regular icing & ibuprofen, it's much better. Is it ok to *try* to lightly exercise?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Shoulder Rehab
While shoulder injuries can cause severe problems, the good news is that usually shoulder pain reflects a simple sprain.
The best indicator of that is the speed of recovery. In your case, with your quick recovery, you should enhance your recovery by getting back to your usual exercise as soon as feasible. Use pain as your guide. Don't push through pain, but do exercise up to the point of pain.

In brief: Shoulder Rehab
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine
In brief: Yes, conditionally
If pain free, then you may gradually return to upper body weight lifting.
I would begin with exercises with the arms below 90 degrees such as bicep or tricep work. Light weight, high reps. Save push ups, overhead press, bench press for once you have tolerated the lower risk exercises first. Do not push through any pain.

In brief: Yes, conditionally
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Cindy Juster