Could TMJ cause sinus and balance problems?

In brief: TMJ balance

Tmj could definitely cause balance problems (inner ear inflammation), I have two patients now that have that problem and one fells better after adjusted bite and night guard and the other is being fitted for a night guard.
As to the sinus, i suppose it it can because of pressure your applying to your teeth, but its not really a cause to a sinus infection, just tooth relation. See a dentist.

In brief: TMJ balance

Dr. Abraham Jaskiel
Dr. Abraham Jaskiel
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Balance not sinus

TMJ patients often complain of imbalance.
You may have facial pain but no sinus infection.

In brief: Balance not sinus

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Direct symptoms

A stuffy feeling and pain in the sinus area can be a symptom of TMJ disorder. If you are occasionally dizzy or disoriented, it may be a symptom of TMJ dysfunction.
See an Orofacial Pain specialist for consultation. They are the expert in TMJ.

In brief: Direct symptoms

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: Maybe

Since the TMJ is close to both the maxillary sinus and the ear, any inflammation in the TMJ complex could contribute to pain in both the ear and the sinuses.
However, it is not a very common complication. Most people who suffer from tmd experience jaw pain/jaw muscle tenderness, pain in front of the ear, stuffy feeling in ears, pain on opening or closing the jaw, etc. I would get checked out!

In brief: Maybe

Dr. J. Blake Perkins
Dr. J. Blake Perkins
Dr. LaMont Gee
Dentistry

In brief: TMJ

It is highly unlikely that problems with the tempromandibular joint would cause sinus problems.
It is also unlikely that this joint would be the cause of balance problems, although if you are having sufficient pain from a joint problem then your balance may affected because of pain. If you are not having pain then you should look to other reasons for balance issues. Sinus is totally separate.

In brief: TMJ

Dr. LaMont Gee
Dr. LaMont Gee