I got mononucleosis 3 years ago and my tonsils are much smaller, but are still large, I spit out tonsil stones once in awhile, what are my options?

Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Treatment options
The definitive treatment of tonsilloliths (tonsil stones) and it attendant issues of recurrent sore throat, bad breath (halitosis), episodic debris ejecting into your mouth and throat, is removal of the tonsils.
As an option you can try hydrogen peroxide gargles twice to three times daily to see if this reduces the accumulation of the tonsil stones.

In brief: Treatment options
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Tonsillectomy
Don't be foolish.
..You know the answer you just are wanting someone to tell you what you already know! get the tonsils out!

In brief: Tonsillectomy
Don't be foolish.
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Michael Jones
In brief: Gargle
Gargle listerine or peroxide and water daily.
Tonsil stone (tonsiliths) are common and nasty tasting but not dangerous.

In brief: Gargle
Dr. Michael Jones
Dr. Michael Jones
Dr. Steven Seres