I can't relax.The stress is killing me.I train jiujitsu but don't have breath anymore. I work a lot...And im a 23 yr old lawyer that don't know w. To do?

Dr. Michael Mirochna

In brief: Multiple causes

Breathing problems.
Might be either exercise induced asthma, which is treated with an inhaler, or vocal cord dysfunction (vcd). Vcd is treated with multidisciplinary teams, involving breathing training. If it is stress, it is worth seeing the doctor to evaluate for medical therapy or counseling. I also suggest 10min per day of meditation, journaling, prayer, or mindfulness training.

In brief: Multiple causes

Breathing problems.
Dr. Michael Mirochna
Dr. Michael Mirochna
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Stress & breathing

It sounds like you are under a large amount of stress, which is causing anxiety.
Anxiety can lead to hyperventilation with the sensation of shortness of breath. At age 23, it is unlikely that heart disease is a factor. The key to managing this symptom is training yourself to relax. It takes practice. Meditation is one way. Just sitting quietly for 10 minutes at a time as often as you can will help.

In brief: Stress & breathing

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine