I have two herniated disks in my neck what is the best exercise fir me?

Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

In brief: Consultation

I would suggest talking to a spine surgeon or rehabilitation doctor to answer this question.
The type of exercises that you can do are going to depend on degree of disc bulging, as well as your symptoms.

In brief: Consultation

Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Payam Rafat
Good answer!

In brief: Individualized

You may need stabilization of neck pathology first, and this could be addressed by epidural steroid injection, and perhaps motorized cervical traction by a physical therapist.
You might start with an exercise process within a pool setting, and gradually go to mckenzie neck exercises, but would also suggest, you discuss this with a spine surgeon, if not already done.

In brief: Individualized

Dr. Robert Greer

In brief: Traction

You can find an inexpensive traction device at the local drug store.
It has a "halter" that goes under your chin and behind the back of you head.This is connected to a cord that goes up to a pulley over the door and down to a bag that you put 8-10 pounds of water or sand into. Try using for 10 min. Twice a day while applying moist heat (a damp towel you have heated in the micro-don't burn yourself.

In brief: Traction

Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine