I have extreme anal itch and now its around my vagina.. Idk what it is or how to control it. N no medical insurance. ?

Dr. Kristina McCaughtry
In brief: Infection or rash
Itching can be a sign of a simple infection such as yeast or a viral wart infection.
At other times it can be due to an allergy or skin condition. First make sure your wiping well after going to the bathroom. Keeping clean is important. You should also look with a mirror. If there are growths or ulcers, try to see a provider at a local cliinic if possible.

In brief: Infection or rash
Dr. Kristina McCaughtry
Dr. Kristina McCaughtry
Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Will try to get info
I will try to get more information on this for you from our gynecologists on healthtap.
Please be patient. Many are still in the office> thanks for your question.

In brief: Will try to get info
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
3 comments
Dr. George Klauber
Symptoms commonly due to yeast infection
Dr. Luis Matos
Since this started asperity-anal itch, one thing to consider is a pinworm infection. The worms come out to lay their eggs and end up lost in the vagina. Pinworm infections occur in all socioeconomic groups; however, human-to-human spread is favored by close, crowded living conditions. Spread among family members is common. Animals do not harbor pinworms. All family members need to be treated.
Dr. Scott Beard
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: Over 50?
Then it is likely lichen sclerosus.
This is a common condtion in postmenopausal women, or women who chronically shave the area. Treatment needs to follow diagnosis as the condition has a 7-12% lifetime risk for cancer. Often times these patients have been mistreated for numerous yeast infections without a good examination.

In brief: Over 50?
Then it is likely lichen sclerosus.
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Adam Levy