How concerned should I be about fluoride from various sources (water, tea, toothpaste, etc.)?

Dr. Lon Kessler
Dentistry

In brief: No concern

Flouride found in drinking water is regulated and safe.
I recommend using toothpaste with flouride.

In brief: No concern

Dr. Lon Kessler
Dr. Lon Kessler

In brief: Not

You should not be concerned as Fluoride is helpful in keeping your teeth hard and resistant to decay.

In brief: Not

Dr. Edward Zuckerberg
Dr. Edward Zuckerberg
Dr. Daniel Chappell

In brief: Not very

The amounts of Fluoride we get from city water, toothpaste and other sources is a small non toxic amount.
Fluoride in excess can cause staining of the teeth, but this is usually due to taking to much of the oral supplement.

In brief: Not very

Dr. Daniel Chappell
Dr. Daniel Chappell
David Bracho
General Practice

In brief: Sufficient Fluoride

The main concern with Fluoride is if one is getting enough.
Fluoride is very important for the maintenance of oral health and has been shown to be safe. Fluoride deficiency is linked to dental caries and supplementation is recommended for children whose water is not fluorinated. Fluoride overdose is very rare and can cause stomach upset and graying of the teeth over time.

In brief: Sufficient Fluoride

David Bracho
David Bracho
Answer assisted by David Bracho, Medical Student
Dr. William Forsythe