Can anxiety cause constant chest burning and shortness of breath? Many tests. . . If heart is ruled out should I go the mental health route?

Yes! Anxiety can mimic all sorts of medical conditions. It can make one feel something that does not exist or may magnify a small problem out of all proportion to its importance. If you know you suffer from anxiety, by all means seek help with a mental health professional. There is great hope that you can be helped. You are not alone; many people are afflicted with anxiety. Not seeking help=poor choice.
Anxiety. Anxiety can cause chest tightening and shortness of breath. However, there are other conditions that can also cause similar symptoms. I would consider checking out all possible physical possibilities - even conditions like GERD. If there are no physical causes then it just may be anxiety. It is important to note anxiety could also exacerbate any medical condition.