Is tramadol used for long term treatment of back pain from bulging disks in the thoracic spine?

Tramadol. Use of tramadol should be limited to 5 days. The main concern with long-term usage involves gastrointestial problems such as ulcers and gastritis.
Tramadol. Tramadol is a prescription pain medication. It is an synthetic opioid medication. It is effective in some chronic pain patients. However, medication as a sole therapy is not as effective as more comprehensive therapy.
It can be but not . Ideal. Has no anti inflammatory effect so it won't put you at risk for ulcer or upset stomach but acts only as pain killer. Need to address if not exercising, smoking &/or overweight. Get those issues corrected & look to consider other meds like : cymbalta, gabepentin, Lyrica (pregabalin) & possibly NSAID like Meloxicam along with a ppi or anti-ulcer med with it to minimize GI side effects if no med issues.