3mm nodule on right upper lung no change MRI 2008/2011. Can this just be an age thing you know how some things grow on you as you get older. ?

Dr. Stephen Siegel
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: PPD/quantiferon gold

Would suggest getting a PPD and/or a quantiferon gold blood test checking for any possible exposure to TB as this can cause small nodules.

In brief: PPD/quantiferon gold

Dr. Stephen Siegel
Dr. Stephen Siegel
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: 3 mm nodule

Nodules stable for 3 yrs are almost certainly benign, especially 3 mm nodules.
Most people will have some nodules in their lung. I question whether these were truly seen on MRI as this is a poor test to image the lungs (which are always moving). Are you sure it wasn't a ct? I would recommend no further testing if this is truly stable for three years. Even PPD is overkill unless you have symptoms.

In brief: 3 mm nodule

Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. George Valdez

In brief: No, but

It's probably an old scar from and old infection.
I would probably recheck in a year, but if you're otherwise feeling well and have no new issues, no change in 3 years is a good thing.

In brief: No, but

Dr. George Valdez
Dr. George Valdez
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology