Will drugs help my depression?

Dr. Arman Danielyan
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Depression treatment
Medications typically help, but as dr. Hossain mentioned, you may benefit from other treatment approaches, including various types of psychotherapy.
Most of the studies showed that the best results achieved when medications are used along with psychotherapy. The initial treatment choice depends on many other factors, including the severity of depression, social support available etc.

In brief: Depression treatment
Dr. Arman Danielyan
Dr. Arman Danielyan
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
In brief: Part of the story
Comprehensive treatment for depression is best managed in my opinion with a multidisciplanary approach.
Starts with good social support (family friends etc). Next, non pharmacotherapy such as counseling is an excellent option. Finally, pharmacotherapy (medications) have been shown to be very safe and effective. Care plan needs to be individualized.

In brief: Part of the story
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain