Can I still have gallbladder surgery if I just tested positive for cdiff?

In brief: Better to hold off
Unless your surgery is a life and death emergency, which gallbladder surgery usually is not, then it is better to hold off on surgery until your treatment for c.
Diff is completed.

In brief: Better to hold off
Diff is completed.
Dr. Michael Zadeh
Dr. Michael Zadeh
Dr. Elie Schochet
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: I would wait
In general, elective surgery should be avoided when your body is battling any infection.
Your risk of complications will go up. Metronidazole which is commonly used for c. Diff does have good effect on the gallbladder also, but unless you are having a serious gallbladder complication like cholangitis, waiting until your body is ready to tackle a surgery would be prudent.

In brief: I would wait
Dr. Elie Schochet
Dr. Elie Schochet
In brief: Maybe
I do not have enough information on your condition.
If you are ill with diarrhea or fevers from c. Diff. Colitis, then you would not want to have surgery until the infection is fully treated and resolved. If it is only a culture result with no symptoms, then surgery may be alright. It also depends on why you are having gallbladder surgery and if you are very ill from your gallbladder condition.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery