Could the pain of fibromyalgia concentrates just in shoulders &the upper back.My doctor told me it's fibro but I want to be sure.Please help..?

Dr. Mehul Desai
Pain Management
In brief: Probably not
The most common definition of fibromyalgia is pain on both sides of the body, in both the upper and lower portions of the body in total at a minimum of 11/18 discrete points as well as sleep problems.
What you describe sounds more like a neck or muscular problem.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Mehul Desai
Dr. Mehul Desai
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Doubtful
Fibromyalgia is a diagnosis based on the findings of trigger points.
These are areas of tenderness located all over the body that are found on examination by pressing on the areas and causing rather severe pain by an examining physician. There are syndromes called myofascial pain syndromes that can occur in localized areas like you are descibing. I might suggest a 2nd opinion.

In brief: Doubtful
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Eric Weisman