Can gabapentin be used to treat a morton's neuroma?

Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry

In brief: Neuroma

The symptoms of a neuroma are similar to neuropathy, and Gabapentin is used off-label for neuropathic pain the foot.
Although it can be used, it doesn't address the cause of the neuroma (biomechanics, foot structure, etc).

In brief: Neuroma

Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Although,

Gabapentin is used to treat neuropathic conditions I have never heard of it being used for a morton's neuroma.
Nor would i ever prescribe it for such. A morton's neuroma is a compression neuropathy. Relieve the pressure on the nerve and the symptoms goes away.

In brief: Although,

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass

In brief: Neuroma

Gabapentin or Neurontin (gabapentin) may help a little but must find exact cause.
Often a cortisone injection or padding ma be enough keep symptoms away. See podiatric physician.

In brief: Neuroma

Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman