I have pain in my lower from time to time, sometimes it hurts to where I can't get up, what can I do to help the pain w/o going to a doctor?

Should see a doctor. What exactly do you mean by "pain in my lower"? Do you mean lower back or lower abdomen or lower legs? First you need to know what's causing it. For that, you need to see a doctor for a through history and exam. If the pain is in the lower back, you could try a heating pad, massage, otc anti-inflammatory meds such as motrin, advil or Aleve (naproxen) while waiting see your doc.
Get evaluated. I agree with dr. Abe. Pain is your body's way of telling you something is wrong. Especially when it as severe as "hurt where you can't stand up." this is not normal and could be something treatable. You need to see your doc to figure out what is causing the pain. Treating it with otc pain meds will just cover up a possible dangerous etiology.