I'm confused. Is bhrt testosterone or progesterone causing breakouts? Now I'm wondering, is it safe to even use? Gyn says yes. Anyone else know much?

Could be. Testosterone can be responsible for acne breakouts if you are not in need of that hormone for your replacement. Serum levels of free testosterone should lead you to the answer. Progesterone typically does not lead to breakouts. Bhrt is compounded hormone replacement. The quality of the pharmacy is important. I recommend women's international pharmacy or itc pharmacy for compounding hrt.
Acne. Hormone replacement therapy in both males and females can cause an increase in sebaceous gland oil production and acne. This can be treated with systemic antibiotics, or decreasing the concentration of your product. Bhrt is safe, fda approved, compounding pharmacies are fda regulated and held to the same standards as drug companies. Premarin (conjugated estrogens) was introducted in 1949, and should be off the market.
Here's a link. http://www.hormone.org/resources/upload/bioidentical-hormones-bilingual-071409.pdf.
Female hormones. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (bhrt) is an estrogen hormone therapy that attempts to duplicate your natural hormones as closely as possible. It is generally safe, as your gyn suggests and may cause acne outbreaks.
Not FDA regulated . The data on bio identical hormones is sparse. It is not fda regulated. We don't know if it is safe or effective. The endocrine society and the american association of clinical endocrinologists strongly advise against its use.